Work-in-progress Balance Changes - Clash Royale February 2023 (Season 44)

I think monk’s ability should shield him from only 60% of incoming damage, but has a lower cooldown.

3 Likes

The goblin troop needs a nerf, the goblins are overpowered right now maybe buff goblin barrel and drill to compensate for the nerf, the tornado nerf is nice graveyard is really overpowered and needs a lot of skill to defend but less skill to attack, the phoenix nerf i don’t think that’s enough it still deals a lot of DPS, golden knight needs a nerf or better a rework, Like nerfing his dash range to 5.5 but buff his DPS or health or make the ability cooldown shorter, The hog rider and the canon need reworks they only really work in fast cycle decks, so for the hog rider nerf his first hit speed but buff his damage or so, maybe it needs a total rework, the canon definitely needs a total rework to 4 elixir and buff its health and/or DPS, The mega minion desperately needs a buff like buff his hitspeed he hits as slow as a mini pekka without that much damage to compensate for that, The miner actually needs a nerf it’s so versatile it can be used to get chip damage, tank for swarms, defend, and sometimes to kite, do a small hp nerf like 5% would make him worse at most of his uses decreasing his versatility.

Rage need another rework to take out goblins and minions

la lanzafuegos con 3 de elixir la estan haciendo muy fuerte mientras el cohete le bajan mucho daño de ataque al menos bajenle el costo de elixir ni siquiera llega a los 500 con 6 de elixir

The monk needs a rework, costing 4 elixir and his ability 2 like the skeleton king, right now it is very difficult to use him as a minitank being that the only thing that deserves to be more expensive would be the ability which is what gives him his essence. The monk has a lot of counters and in the meta there is a lot of poison/tornado/rage so it would be very well balanced plus his ability is the only problematic thing it would be fair if it was only the one that cost more so Monk 4 elixir and ability 2 elixir

Please read the comments and thank you so much for you attention

I wouldn’t nerf the Rocket as much, even if it does deserve one. Make it 8-10% reduction

Maybe you could rework so that it becomes 2 elixir, but he has 90% damage reduction

1 Like

I support this idea, the monk is overshadowed by cheaper minitanks because they do better the function of defending and there are even cards that can replace it with the same cost of elixir as a prince or a bowler, the ability is not usually used most of the time due to the cost of the monk alone without it, I think that if the ability is the only overpowered thing would be fair to change it to 2 elixir and the monk to 4 elixir to have it more accessible at times to defend and play the role of minitank.
Thank you so much for read this comment!

Tornado really shouldn’t get a nerf. No one complained about it and it was already a fun balanced card with good mechanics.

Imo Phoenix needs a slightly bigger nerf. Keep the changes to its respawned form, and add a 3-5% damage nerf

Archers and Knight buffs are too big (I would buff Archers to 1.0s hit speed and buff Knight HP by 3%)

RG and lava hound need small HP nerfs

Everyone agrees that Monk should be 4 elixir and his ability should be 2 elixir + his hitbox in meditate state should be bigger to trigger area damage projectiles better. Also Goblin Giant should have 3rd goblin on his back instead of changing on backpack hitspeed which isnt right thing to do imo. Other changes are fine and would shake meta BUT im kinda sad there isnt a Wizard buff or Golden Knight Dash rework, it looks broken and glitchy af.

2 Likes

Im going to be very honest with the current meta situation, goblins are way too op for 2 elixir

2 elixir Goblins: the amount of value you can get from this card is way too high, feels like a 3 elixir card! Needs to have 1 goblin replaced for a spear goblin, this will balance this card so it can be defended more consistently with its real elixir value, you can put this guys with a phoenix and get a +7 elixir value and then play a rg smh

Lightning/Rocket: I think the issue with such spells is that breaking defenses lately has been painful since the low elixir goblin/cannon/queen/fisherman/tomb/tornado combination, since this decks focus on unbreakable defense due to their extremely high dps low cost wall they just have to spam high damage spells to win at the 2ble and 3ple elixir time, I hope the queen nerf solves this matter

2 Likes

首先我是一名中国玩家
皇室战争在中国很受欢迎,所以也有很多人关注这次平衡性调整
我们对这次平衡性调整有多处反对
1、凤凰削弱的方式不对
凤凰的定位是什么?一张4圣水近战空军对吧?跟他一样定位的卡牌有什么?重甲亡灵对吧?但是凤凰的使用率在终极冠军联赛,和gc使用率上都仅次于滚木,而重甲亡灵,可以去看看它的使用率,几乎全被凤凰抢走了,即使按照这次削弱,凤凰照样强势,因为它的第一形态就完全超越了类似定位的龙宝宝和重甲亡灵!甚至还可以单挑地狱龙,所以说我们需要对凤凰第一形态进行调整,而不是只针对蛋和复活后的凤凰
我认为凤凰这样改动比较合理:
首先将第一形态血量削弱至火枪手的血量,然后也将蛋的血量调整至火枪手的血量,然后supercell需要稍微调整一下复活时间,让它复活没那么迅速。而蛋的血量,就导致复活后凤凰的血量,而由于血量大减,会有点弱,可能需要略微增加攻速或者伤害,但不要能秒杀亡灵
为什么这样调整?
这样调整既可以保持凤凰的有趣机制,也没有让第一形态直接能打赢龙宝或者重甲亡灵,很希望官方能采纳我的意见
2、武僧的增强方式不对
武僧作为一张近战小肉盾,和同类型的骑士,女武神定位差不多,对吧?但是你可以看看骑士女武神的卡组,一般都是速转卡组,比如自闭桶,速弩等等,而速转卡组中需要的是什么?是不是低圣水确保快速过出下一张核心?而将武僧改为5圣水以后,它放到速转卡组中明显不合适,而放到重推卡组中血量又不够,比如雷电巨人卡组中的圣骑,石头人中的精锐,武僧使用率变如此低的原因就是放到哪个卡组中都显得卡手,而我们却也非常喜欢武僧的机制、如果官方执意5+1而不是4+2,我认为还需要增强面板数值,只加攻速没有意义
3、烟花炮手
烟花炮手是一张3费卡,除了万剑,请问还有哪种方式能快速解决她呢?滚木解不掉,火球解还亏1费,甚至可能火球没砸着,我认为烟花炮手强度完全够,只是因为她能激活国王塔而导致使用率不高,所以我认为烟花不需要调整
以上就是我对本次平衡性调整的看法,其实想改变凤凰的使用率,不一定需要只削弱凤凰,也可以适当加强重甲亡灵

I think they over looked the rg its solid a bit to solid and its played so much everywhere it’s just a tiny bit to strong and you almost have no change if you don’t have a building, even if you have a building it’s so difficult
To defend with the support troops

1 Like

Bro that’s just a 2 elixer arrows that spawns a rage…

2 Likes

Rage really needs another rework to kill goblins minions, goblin gang and minion horde

Here is my opinion and reasoning on every card getting a balance change in the upcoming update. (WARNING: This is LONG, do not continue if you don’t care about other people’s opinions, don’t have time, or want to nerf Wizard!)

Buffs:

Monk: I personally think this change is pretty good, it’s a nice compensation for the prior elixir change and an alternative to the 4 elixir card, 2 elixir ability thing people have been suggesting.

Firecracker: I disagree with this change because the Firecracker will just be even more annoying by potentially getting a hit on the tower after getting logged or zapped (before crossing the bridge). This is a free 300 or so damage. Instead, I would make it attack only 0.2 seconds quicker on the first attack. It’s still a much needed buff, but it isn’t too much to make it even more annoying then it can already be.

Archers: I disagree with this change as well because they already have fairly high DPS and this buff will make them seriously outclass other cards of the same nature like Firecracker. Instead, I would make them attack only 0.1 seconds faster. This is still a buff, but not quite enough to make them seriously outclass any other cards. Instead, they will become another reliable option to consider for anti air in other decks that don’t include just Xbow.

Knight: Now this is where no one will agree with me, I don’t think Knight needs this 6% health buff at all. The Knight is already a well used card, spanning multiple successful decks such as Xbow, Mortar, and Logbait. Even with Valk outclassing it easily, I would advocate for a Valk nerf instead of a Knight buff. Keep the Knight good stats for the cost and not great stats for the cost.

Goblin Giant: Yes, just yes. Underused? Check. Outclassed? Check. Fairly unsuccessful? Check. Great buff!

Nerfs:

Rocket: I really love this very specific, but much needed change due to the extreme amount of rocket cycle present in the meta during this season. From Miner cycle decks to Logbait and Xbow, everywhere you look at least one version of every popular meta deck (besides Graveyard and RG) has Rocket in there almost solely for spell cycling until you win. This change will take away some of that power will give other big spells like Poison and Lightning a chance to be in these cycle decks more often (other than Miner with Poison) and will make Rocket a much more fair and balanced card overall. It might also encourage these players to use Rocket what it was really supposed to do, take out giant pushes and gain a giant positive elixir trade because of it.

Tornado: This change is easily the most mediocre and confusing change on this list in my opinion. We all know Tornado has been extremely great for over 2 years now since that old rework and a 6% damage nerf won’t really do anything to stop it. It might even be a buff since you can now have a maxed Tornado that can also activate king tower with Graveyard, giving you a huge advantage for that matchup. Instead, I would propose making the pull strength weaker or giving it a smaller radius. Maybe make it so you can only activate king tower if the Hog Rider gets a hit first or cause the synergy with Golden Knight to weaken because of a smaller radius.

Archer Queen: I actually think this change is pretty good. Reducing the first attack time will not only technically reduce the Queen’s DPS, (which is always a plus) but also make it so dropping a mini tank on top of her safer since the mini tank’s health will deplete slower, causing her to be countered easier. This could also help with the times where she just barely survives a Fireball Zap and gets 1 hit on the tower right before dying. So all and all, good change.

Phoenix: I think this is a really good change for the Phoenix. The Phoenix has remained extremely amazing even after 3 nerfs and continues to find heavy success and use rates throughout all archetypes. Even cycle in some cases. This is very unhealthy for the game and that’s why I think making the reborn Phoenix’s health and damage 20% less is a great change. With this change decks like Elixir Golem/Golem Phoenix will be more manageable and lead to large pushes that don’t seem as impossible to overcome regardless of the style of deck you are running. After this nerf I think it will start to finally begin the process of settling into a fairly balanced state and start to become an alternative to the Mega Minion instead of directly and seriously outclassing it in every way possible.

Those were my opinions on every new balance change for season 44. If you agree, cool. If you don’t, cool. As long as we all work together, we can make balance changes that will truly become E P I C.

3 Likes

they put the wrong side for the tornado right? it clearly a huge buff to it, keep the damage to kill skeles and bats, while now nearly guarantee to activate the king tower to graveyard…

1 Like

I think most of these changes are good but why are archers getting buffed anyways
and just asking but you guys once said youw ould buff the minions and mega minions and you guys buffed minions but not the mega minion. why? imo just give it more damage or hp like a 8% dmg buff or a 6% hp buff

Don’t nerf tornado and phoenix please.why you are destroying them?

1 Like