Work-in-progress Balance Changes - Clash Royale February 2023 (Season 44)

i agree with you’re thoughts except the monkin part. monk was already a very good troop without the ability, but the ability made him a very strong counter push troop. his ability is fine like it is. just like every other ability of the champions you gotta watch out with your counters.

btw giant needs a buff, it just is not it, with the e giant, royale giant and after these changes the goblin giant. maybe make it area where it can see buildings smaller, so you have more change of the giant going to tower

I would Say nerf the firecracker because her attack speed is too fast

Buff Mighty Miner again from medium to fast because I like when mighty miner is fast

Buff Ebarbs to Fast

Yeah, I think supercell is just trying the mirror approach with the wizard, and just leaving it dead… Even if they at least tried with the mirror, witch, exec. Idk…

3 Likes

Ikr!! The monk itself without the ability is not that good… so as 5 elixir, he’s too much of an investment. Making the ability 2 elixir would make more sense since it’s really powerful (He can survive 4 pekkas with the ability on!) and making him 4 elixir would be better and increase his use rate, but by not too much. Then again, maybe SC tried 4+2 and it didn’t work, I dunno.

2 Likes

I think the monk should cost 4 elixir but the ability should not affect the troops. It’s unfair that for 1 elixir he kills cards that cost 4, 5 or 6 elixir. The monk would be used more to deal damage and push troops, while reflecting the opponent’s spells. I think it would be more balanced that way.

1 Like

They Also need to nerf wizard and electro wizard dies to fireball because ice wizard dies to fireball

Knight really does not need another buff but alright, it won’t be too game changing
My concern is why Supercell still refuses to buff wizard and other low win-rate cards such as furnace and rascals? It really makes no sense to me. However, I do like pretty much all of these changes (with the exception of the knight)

As for the tornado nerf, I would say please keep it since tornado and graveyard are both very strong cards, (especially graveyard) I see no reason to shelter graveyard as its one of the strongest if not the strongest win condition in the game. But if you are looking for another tornado nerf I would say to also decrease the duration of the spell by 0.2sec, to make king tower activations a bit harder on cards like hog rider, balloon, bandit, etc. It’s especially frustrating when a balloon is pulled to the king tower.

EDIT:
And there is still no RG nerf? :joy:
Either reduce his HP by 4%, or decrease his first hit speed by 0.1sec.

Log could use a small knockback nerf.

1 Like

It is funny how it says that there are no reworks, yet the Phoenix change is a rework.

Wouldn’t it be better to increase the nado damage? I’d say let the nado destroy minions. And then instead of 3 elixir, it becomes 4. Just a suggestion, idk if it will workout. But nado needs a nerf, it’s been strong for well over 2 years

1 Like

The ice wizard dies to fireball because he was too strong for his cost. The e-wiz is fine and does not need a health nerf. The wizard just needs a rework. A buff to the wizard will make him horrible in mid-ladder. But a good rework might make him viable all throughout bottom ladder, mid-ladder, and top ladder. If that rework has his him die to fireball he better not remain 5 elixir, because as he is now, he has the least amount of health for all cards that cost 5 elixir. And if he does become 4 elixir and dies to fireball, he would need another change. Otherwise he won’t be able to compete with the magic archer, as he is balanced dying to fireball but being able to dish out decent splash damage over a long range. if the wizard becomes 4 elixir and dies to fireball, players would still run magic archer over him.

Firecracker should have a different or no buff, its too OP and annoying now, and Monk should be 4 elixir and damage of it should be nerfed to a degree, health remains the same cause it’s a tanky card, ability should remain 1 elixir cause it’s easy to miss and not predict spells, you could be easily punished.

1 Like

Just gotta say, i was really hoping for a mortar and RG nerf. Rocket needed a nerf, but seems like too much. Lightning is better than rocket now which doesnt make sense. Archers gunna be a lottle too broke, i see a revert coming to that change. We will have to see firecracker in action. I feel like the problem with pheonix is it has the same amount of death damage as the balloon death bomb which seems odd. I like the direction the balances are going, just feel like they’re the right direction but wrong choice. Electro giant is a guranteed loss if you dont run a tower but i dont see that as more of an issue than RG or mortar currently

1 Like

I think most of the buffs are okay. Although monk might not be enough/going in the wrong direction. I believe the rascals did need a buff, along with a small battle healer change that wouldn’t effect elixir golem too much. As a community however, it’s time to accept the wizard will forever be a garbage card.

However, the nerfs I believe will need to be adjusted before the final changes come out.

To begin with, rocket needs to have either a large, compensating buff to go along with its large nerf. This nerf is essentially removing its status as a win condition, and while this win condition may be annoying. It’s been in the game since the beginning and may too harsh. So either a compensating buff to counter the nerf of a nerf of 8.5%-10% instead of 17% may be justified.

Tornado can’t be changed to 2-tick skeletons. Graveyard will die. Perhaps change how quickly the ticks come out? So it will be slightly slower to kill the troops? Tornado I believe will have to remain the way it is.

Archer queen nerf is in the right direction. Same with phoenix. Although, the phoenix may die in this update. Nerf after nerf is a lot.

The two cards I see missing are royal giant and golden knight. RG has been dominating for years now. The first hit speed nerf months back was nice. But he hits like an absolute truck and always seems to get a shot off when he’s very low HP, I think a small HP nerf could bring him into line.

As for golden knight, his shadow buff of targeting the tower is absolutely insane. This buff should only be in the cone of his sight line. Essentially, if he is facing the tower while dashing, then he continues to dash towards the tower, but if he dashed to something behind him or drastically away from the tower, he stops at that object.

I think these changes are great but some are too extreme. The rocket change must be changed or compensated for. The tornado change MUST not go through, to save graveyard please. Archers, fire cracker, and knight are fine. Goblin giant will be forgettable. Thanks!

2 Likes

No way Wizard and electro wizard needs a nerf

Ram Rider might need a small health boost, as it is not as tanky as other charging units.

Monk should be the same with a 2 elixir ability, or I prefer 1 elixir ability with 50% damage reduction instead of 80%, as this wouldn’t make certain matchups impossible.

Phoenix change is horrible. Even without the egg, the phoenix is very powerful. Its damage overall should be reduced.

Tornado change is horrible, like you said. I suggest no damage to crown towers or all buildings. This would make people think more about their small spell choice, as they wouldn’t be able to chip away crown towers with this tornado.

Both archers and knight buffed? Disgusting. Xbow is strong this meta already, and now it will be even better. I think these are stupid changes, unless xbox is nerfed.

As win rate on rocket is not high, a slight range increase, like 0.25-0.5 radius increase, would be justified with the damage reduction.

Where are nerfs on ghost, miner, goblins and rg? These WIP changes are so disappointing.

Wizard and mirror are in desperate need of reworks over something like knight before someone brings up the point of reworking cards main functions would anger players those cards need players to get angry at reworks in the first place as nobody uses them out of troll decks and midladder decks (the main reason supercell cant just buff them) wizard should do something like burn damage or something else than just being a more expensive kind of smaller range firecracker or weaker in damage and hp executioner and mirror should be more than just used as a troll card and actually have a use.

Ive been maining miner decks for over a year now, and I would really appreciate a miner buff- whether its damage or hitspeed or health, doesnt matter. I just want miner to be better.

The changes for the most part seem fine. I think MM should get back up to fast for his speed because since he’s used a a troop to punish the player it can’t do that as effectively at medium speed. My recommendation is to increase it to fast but from their you can go one (or both) of two directions. The first is to nerf it’s HP by maybe 5-10%, or 2, to make its ability 2 elixir so it’s a bigger risk to play and not as sweat causing for the opponent…

Im actually going to cry over the Phoenix nerf lol. It’s one of my favourites and I’ve been using it since I got it. They’ve put this card through so many nerds including multiple HP nerfs. Yes this card is very strong but to nerf the reborn HP?? If you have to do this fine, but at the very least could you not reduce it by such a drastic amount? I recommend if the community is really hoping for yet ANOTHER Phoenix nerf then could you reduce the reborn HP by 10% instead of 20%? Either that or the very least give the Phoenix a damage buff in the reborn state as if it were “angry” to balance out the HP nerf.

Also, why is Knight getting a buff? It’s an amazing card and, a reminder for those that don’t realize, I prominent member of 2 very hated decks, classic log bait and X bow. With the Knight buff it’s encouraging a meta with decks like these being more frequent then they already are. I vote for it to stay the same. Archers buff is also a head scratcher for me but I do usually only see it in Xbow so I’m fine with this buff. Firecracker is definitely something I agree with. So props for that!

If there absolutely has to be a tornado nerf then I recommend we do it like this: instead of a damage nerf we increase its lifetime but 1 second so it’s slower to move troops, but keep the intended damage nerf the same. This way it can kill skeletons before they reach the tower while keeping supercells intended damage nerf. This way we can help avoid the rise of a graveyard meta, and provide in what is my opinion a prominent Tornado rework.

I still agree with the community that Monk shouldn’t be 5 elixir and it’s ability should be 2 elixir. A DPS increase won’t help it if it’s that pricy. But I also had doubts about the goblin hut rework so you never really know, right?
Thank you for taking the time to read my recommendations

2 Likes