Work-in-progress Balance Changes - Clash Royale August 2023 (Season 50)

My opinion :
GobG buff : ok
Battle ram buff : ok
Tesla buff : no need. Just nerf the bomb tower instead. please also nerf the lifetime of the tesla (30s to 28s/26s) but not hp
Firecracker nerf : ok with duration of the sparks but make her same hp as the normal version (dies to arrows)
Mighty miner nerf : ok and nerf the damage of the ability bomb only on crown tower
RG nerf : ok

In addition :
Rocket buff : more damage on crown tower (actually 371, not necessarily 448 like a few months ago but like 400-410 would be great)
Freeze rework : same damage as zap or snowball but reduce the duration of the freeze (it steals too many games)
Mother witch nerf : little nerf of hit speed

When are they going to reduce the amount of Elite Wild Cards needed for level 15? Again, 50,000 EWCs is 10 years to max out as a free to play if you have all level 14. Following small community suggestions are just gaslighting us a bit. We donā€™t want level 15 anyway, and theyā€™re pretending like level 15 never happened.

2 Likes

I agree with you, Rocket sucks now

1 Like

Here are my opinions with the balance changes.

The rg nerf is a good nerf, lowering its health in evolved form to allow other units to possibly kill it before it gets that shot of.

The battle ram and goblin giant buffs are decent, trying to give them a place in the meta.

I feel like the Tesla nerf is a little underwhelming, with it being the same elixer as bomb tower, Iā€™d say u either need to give the bomb tower a health nerf cause it can be very tanky against certain cards, or buff the Teslas hp, as itā€™s hp is way too low and is harder to defend most win conditions.

I feel like the firecracker nerf is too little, with the opponent never able to get a positive elixer trade through spells. It also synergies way too much with nado and the drill because it turns into a win condition with those 2 cards. Iā€™d say nerf the firecracker hp so it can die to arrows, or nerf itā€™s crown tower damage because just 1 connection and itā€™s around 500-800 damage

I like the step with the mighty miner nerf, but I think the ability damage should be nerfed a bit, as it can take out most pushes with that ability (mainly talking about lava hound decks).

I actually want to suggest 3 more balance changes, a rework, a buff and a nerf.

The nerf is to the hog rider, as it has been a very strong win condition for years now, and I feel like the problem with the card is itā€™s first attack speed. I just suggest adding a plus 0.1 or 0.2 seconds of time for it to get that first hit off so it can allow a lot more counters to the card, while still having the cycle aspect to the card.

The rework is for the clone and I actually have a great suggestion for it. Iā€™d say make the clone have a bigger radius so it can clone more units, and have it so that it workā€™s similar to the mirror, adding one card level per level, example of this would be a level 13 clone would have level 14 cards. This would make the meta a clone meta just due to the large amount of counters it has.

The last change I suggest is a buff to the mega minion, as itā€™s still probably out shined by other cheaper options and options that are more reliable. Iā€™d say buff itā€™s health so that it can survive a lightning, allowing it to thrive under the conditions of the meta right now.

These are my thoughts and suggestions and I hope these will be listened

2 Likes

Firecracker evo was never broken, its clever use in using it is what makes it strong, I donā€™t have time to write more arguments but think about it one more time please.
Firecracker is a card that moves and attacks from a distance unlike the other evolutions, so if you strategically place it and protect it, it is normal for people to see it broken.
But as always, nerfing skill cardsā€¦
By the way, the royal giantā€™s nerf compared to the firecrackerā€™s is a joke.

1 Like

Tesla deserves that buff but I think it should be 1 second hit speed and I think instead of nerfing royale giant they should nerf evolved mortar.

1 Like

Mother witch does not need a nerf bro and tesla is in need of a buff idk what your talking about

1 Like

Well, here is my thoughts:

Royal Giant nerf is not too huge, but I would prefer to nerf his hp about 15 %
Firecracker nerf is good, but not too much, I would prefer to decrease her damage from sparks by 5 %
Mighty Miner nerf, well its fine
About buffs, they all good, but what about balance wish list? Can you please take some needed ideas?

BUFFS

P.E.K.K.A.
P.E.K.K.A does not feel very well in the current events. For 7 elixir, she can be countered by many cards. A small hitpoints buff (+6 %) and a decreased hit speed (like -0.2 sec) will allow her to prevent such situations.

Golden Knight
The Golden Knight is one of the weakest champions. His dash is a little weak, and also he is not used much. To put him in the championā€™s place, he needs a dash buff (increasing dash chain by 1 and max distance by 1 tile) and damage buff (+4 %) .

Ice Wizard
Ice Wizard has recently become not particularly playable. He can die quickly from spells, and his damage is imperceptible. Therefore, Ice Wizard needs to buff health and damage by 6%.

Zap
Zap is not the best small spell. His damage is a little weak, and the stun is imperceptible. Unlike a giant snowball, it has a noticeable slowdown. Therefore, the Zap needs a 10% damage buff, as well as an increase in the duration of stun by 0.25 seconds.

Giant
The giant is not popular as it is a bit slow and it rarely reaches buildings. The giant needs some buffs (damage +4 %, hitpoints +8 %) so that he can use it much more often in the decks.

Bowler
The bowler has a good position, but he is always played as a support. This buff to hp and damage (around +3%) will help him for a better attack as an attacker, and not in a support role.

Dark Prince & Battle Ram
Everyone except the Dark Prince and Battle Ram charge their ability faster, so to balance their rights, they should also charge the charge ability as Prince and Ram Rider. (Battle Ram now is charging faster, but not Dark Prince)

Ram Rider
Most often, Ram Rider does not have time to reach the royal tower, and its cost of 5 elixir forces the player to stay in an unsafe position. Her damage and health buff (+8 %) will help to be more dangerous, as well as often reach and destroy buildings/royal towers.

Royal Ghost
The Royal Ghost is a bit unpopular, as it is often used for surprise defense, but it is difficult for him to attack, since he has a lot of time to hide in invisibility. This buff (decreasing time to be invisible -0,3 sec.)will allow him to enter invisibility more often for a good attack.

Witch
The witch is well used in defense, as well as in support, but sometimes the enemy releases spells, or cards that allow the Witch to die quickly. A small buff to health and damage of 4% will allow her not to die quickly.

REWORKS

Battle-Healer

• She only useful in E-golem decks. So, she needs to be reworked so that it does not depend on such decks.

She needs damage and health buff by ~25%, but in order for her not to be too strong, she needs also a lower healing by 50%, as well as her healing radius by 35 %

Mirror, Clone, Three Musketeers need a rework

Lava Hound needs some rework (Lava & Ballon decks is insane, and it can be uncounterable)

Golem and night witch need also rework.

NERFS

Archer Queen
The Archer Queen is too strong in defense, and her ability is too difficult to master. So that it is balanced enough, Archer Queen needs a nerf to her damage, while her ability is active (-7%) and hitpoints (-5%)

Electrogiant & Royale Giant
These are two cards that are too strong and it is impossible to counter them in certain decks! Therefore, in order for everything to be fair, they need a health, damage and recoil-damage nerf by 12 % (recoil-damage for royal giant too, if evoultion is already unlocked)

5 Likes

Mother witch counters too easily the gy and all swarms. ok donā€™t need to kill the card but there isnā€™t any default with the card.
Tesla isnā€™t too weak, itā€™s just not played because of the bomb tower which is too strong

1 Like

I think it would be much better if Clash Royale would put an end to evolved cards forever and the game would become more popular than before. Is it possible for an evolved firecracker to damage with a hit almost the size of a mini P.E.K.K.A?! With the difference that Mini P.E.K.K.A does one hit but Evolved Firecracker does a bunch, this card is very very very powerful and only requires 3 elixirs. players use firecracker card or Evolved Royal Giant, no matter how much you weaken these two cards, they are still strong, I canā€™t bear to play and get greedy and angry anymore, how hard I work in battles and I lose easily because of an Evolved Royal Giant or Evolved firecracker :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:. You have to weaken these two cards a lot, otherwise we canā€™t play anymore.

1 Like

Very creative ideas for buffs and nerfs. The thing I notice very frequently however is people underestimating the value of .2 seconds. .2 second decrease or increase in hit speed can completely change a card - look at the archers: they went from trash to top tier because their hit speed was decreased from 1.1 - 0.9. A .2 second hit speed decrease for the PEKKA as well as a hit points buff will either make the card broken or incredibly powerful:

As a PEKKA Ram rider player myself I like the idea of SC doing a buff for PEKKA, but a buff like that risks the prospect of them nerfing it to oblivion. Look at the Goblin Hut, itā€™s in a debatably worse state now than before the rework:

So should SC decide to start buffing weaker cards, Iā€™m a firm believer that small buffs over time is much better than one big buff only to be nerfed into the ground.

1 Like

Mother witch is supposed to counter swarms and she already dies to arrows and zap and does not do that much damage, she is a decent card rn. Tesla on the other hand hasnā€™t been the same since it got that nerf a while ago I think it should be a little stronger cuz it has a really low rating and usage

1 Like

firstly BRING BACK 300 GEM MASTERIES. THE GOLD YOU GET IS REDUNDANT FOR HOW HARD THEY ARE, AND CHEST GOLD BUFF IS ENOUGH PLEASE

balances are good, although goblin giant could use dmg buff instead of hp (more difference between normal giant). also nerf ice spirit slightly (overused)

evolutions should not be on PoL until there is enough that they balance the meta. you will still face an evo deck 99% of games which is very stale

3 Likes

It would be indeed great if the Mighty Minerā€™s Damage Duration 1 is 1.75 seconds and the Damage Duration 2 is 2.50 seconds or 3 seconds, because the Mighty Minerā€™s Damage Duration 1 canā€™t kill small health Troops like Skeletons or Goblins easily, He always struggle with themā€¦ I hope these minor ideas will help Supercell :smiling_face:

Evolved firecracker needs to die to arrows if this game wants to be healthy

2 Likes

Goblin Giant: I never see this card played outside of Sparky, Iā€™m glad they keep buffing him so he can hopefully find another niche.

Battle Ram: Itā€™s interesting that thereā€™s now half of charging/dashing cards with different distance (Prince, Ram Rider, Battle Ram 3.0 tiles. Dark Prince, Mega Knight, Bandit 3.5 tiles) I agree with the buff but I find it odd Dark Prince will be the only charging card to take 3.5 tiles.

Tesla: I canā€™t believe theyā€™re reverting the last nerf this card got I mean, before Tesla was hands down the best building by far, I think instead of damage this card could use a first attack speed reduction (buff) &/or a little hp buff. I worry this building will become spammy and toxic again otherwise.

Fire Cracker Evolution: Prince deserves to 1 shot this card I think itā€™s insane that it doesnā€™t, 7% is too small of a nerf honestly, I believe 10% is more justified.

Mighty Miner: I think this could either be a really good adjustment for him or completely make him bad again. Weā€™ll just have to see.

Royal Giant Evolution: A worthy nerf indeed.

1 Like

I like this balance, but I donā€™t think the buff for Tesla is enough. You can take a glance at the data in 2018 or 2019 when most of the buildings lasted for at least 15 seconds more than they do now. As a 6-year player, I think, the balances for all the buildings arenā€™t reasonable, for they have a lower HP and last for a shorter time, which means we canā€™t play as we usually did before. For example, I would set an X-Bow beside the princess tower to fight against the Golem and cycle another X-Bow to fight back years ago, but now I find it impossible to do this because both the HP and the duration of the X-Bow were nerfed. I recommend that you can consider to buff all the buildings a bit like lengthen their duration, this change would be appreciate by most of the CR players.

1 Like

I think that evolved firecrcker should be killed by arrows, or we have to counter it by>=4 elixir.
Evolved royal giant: good nerf, but I think we have to delete the knockback from the royal giant attack, and nerf his hp a little
Battle ram:good
Giant goblin:ok
Tesla:maybe nerf bomb tower and dont buff tesla. Tesla can be better in defense than bomb tower without buff
MM:good

and more balance changes needed
wizard: elixir cost 5ā–·4, hit speed 0.2 sec slower, damage nerf(same as musketeer)
Valkyrie: attack speed 0.1 sec slower, hp 6% lower, damage 4% lower(kill magic archer and mother witch at 3 shots), first attack speed 0.1sec faster
btw I dont thunk that hog rider should be nerfed. Nearly every ā€˜balancedā€™ decks have 1~2 cards to counter hog rider. Who wants hog rider nerf has a skill matters

1 Like

everything is ok, but zap and ice wizard becomes so op then.
Ice wizard: just very little buff of hp(still dies from fireball)
Zap :slowdown is okay, but too much damage. Dont you know how zap was op when it was able to kill goblins? Very liitle buff of damage(still cant kill goblins), 35% slowdown will be ok.

1 Like

i think Guards buff is the only way to kick the goblins out of the stage a bit.

1 Like