Work-in-progress Balance Changes - Clash Royale August 2022 (Season 38)

Egiant nerf is not enough. -33% damage on ONLY towers will do nothing except reduce damage on a already dead tower. What Supercell should do is reduce damage for both troops and buildings instead of just towers as the proposed nerf does nothing to address the usage rates.

Elixir golem SHOULD NOT GET A HEALTH BUFF. Its already tanky enough as it is and costs only 3 elixir. If the health buffs do go ahead, elixir golem’s total health including golemites is 6009 hitpoints. In comparison, giant a 5 elixir card only has 5400 hitpoints. Even if the golem gives 4 elixir back, theres no point if it takes a tower in return. And don’t forget those people who just shove an elite barb rage behind it and call it a day.

Prince:
Charge from 3.5 tile → 3.0 tile.
Make it standard for ram rider, dark prince and battle ram too… IMO.

Mirror:
From “+1 elixir → +2 level” to “same elixir → same level” It used to be +1 elixir for +1 level but many will feel mirror is not worth as it only give +1 level with 1 elixir. (for 3 to 4 elixir card, +1 elixir will be like 25% to 33% additional elixir spent.
My reason being having same amount of elixir and same level (with mirror as surprise factor). It gives players same elixir management and interaction behavior.

Pump:
Allow pump to be in starting hand. With this changes, it bring 3musks and golem beatdown archetype back.

Other changes looks good to me.

1 Like

Some good changes here, E Golem is definitely in the right direction. Regarding E Giant, reducing it to 7 elixir was a mistake. If you’re adamant on keeping that change, then all of its stats need more reduction. This change is a start at least.

Fireball change is good, but poison needs change. Poison still can kill both musketeer and wizard, which is a problem that has not been addressed for a very long time. High damage, big area, and 15% slow are too much, one of these things needs to be reduced.

Mega Knight definitely doesn’t need a buff. If anything it needs a rework. That being said, this change is probably a small enough buff that it’s fine once we get used to the new timing.

Ice golem has always been very strong, it’s just out of meta right now. If you want it to see more usage you have to buff the cards that go with it (besides hog). 3m and loon are two examples of win cons that can use ice golem. These decks have been indirectly nerfed by other changes, so fixing that might not be easy. Also if we saw more of the cards that ice golem counters, it would see more usage. Anything that can be kited.

1 Like

Honestly as good as Ram Rider is for defending stuff like Lumber Loon, I think she is way too weak for costing 5 elixir.

Ram rider gets hard countered by basically anything that resets her charge: Bowler, Zap, Ewiz, Log, MK, Buildings, Spirits etc. Against high DPS cards like (mini) pekka, prince, sparky, skarmy etc. she is also pretty much useless.

Should your opponent have 2 or more of those cards in their deck, it’s near impossible to deal any tower damage with ram rider unless you get ridiculously lucky with the starting cycle and your opponent wasting their counters.

I think they should really do something about ram rider to make it more competitive. Some of my suggestions are:

• Faster charge activation and/or
  • doesn’t get knockbacked from Bowler (like prince) and/or
  • decrease elixir cost to 4 and/or
  • slightly more HP and/or tower DMG buff

It’s just so frustrating to play a card as your win condition that feels like it’s getting countered by seemingly every card in the basic/meta decks right now. People literally play E-Giant mirror or Lumber Loon and ram rider can’t even reach the tower most of the time for 5 elixir

Personally, I think that these changes are very solid however tbh I was expected some sort of gang buff (like bringing back the 3rd spear gob) in this patch considering how bad it is currently.

why buff mk?

:+1:
Overall, I think these balance changes are great❤

Meteor: will be quite useless against balloon… srsly this nerf? Rather buff the poison card.

Elixir Golem: rework is interesting, it probably won’t be so useful in 7x elixir challange now, thanks for that (no sarcasm)!

Ice golem: thanks for that.
Knight: he was too fast already, don’t think he needed this buff.
Skeleton King: okay, but don’t lower his skeleton spawn number the next update please :D.

It’s ridiculous that the fireball is nerfed when the tornado is this strong

Skeleton king ability is not that good, just reduce the area of his hability, so it is weak against spell’s;

Skeleton giant is overpowered, it can defend anything, it is too much …

Mirror should be locked after use a champion.

Golden knight should be easier to distract.

Electro giant should have a smaller reflection damage area.

Goblin gang should appear more separated so they can defend easier, or just add a spear goblin.

Have to separate the minions horde a little more, so they don’t die so easy; same with three elixir Minions.

Barbarians need a speed improvement.

2 elixir goblins need to be a bit more separated so they all don’t dead with an area hit.

Rascal girls shouldn’t dead with log.

Barbarian hut should cost 6.

Furnance should do heat damage to troops that are near to it

Fire wizard need a buff, i dont know what but need it.

Battle healer should have more life and less damage, but should be more easy to distract it so you can take it out of the group.

Electeo dragon shoukd have less range but more damage.

You need to give us more alternatives to counter goblin barrel or similar cards, so we can use other spells than fireball and log.

Witch showld spawn at least one skeleton more sparated so you can defend her a bit easier.

A better alternative to nerfing Fireball would be to buff Poison so that it becomes a more viable alternative. Fireball isn’t OP and keeps several cards important in check, and if these cards don’t get neded Fireball shouldn’t either be nerfed.

I don’t agree with the fireball nerf. In some decks it is the only saving grace against heavy offensive based decks. If you are going to nerf it please only nerf it very slightly so it will still be viable. By nerfing spells with knockback all your doing is promoting spam decks to be introduced in the meta as people will stop using spells. This will definitely cause players to quit the game.

Giant skeleton also needs an HP nerf, he’s way too tanky for everything else he provides. I’d say a 3% hp nerf is a good spot.

Also prince buff might be a little too much but still think you should decrease the charge time, just not that much.

I really really like the ice golem buff and would love to see maybe a very small health increase just to bring it back even more.

Also can you please add a button to notify all players to do their war because clicking everyone Individually is a little redundant.

1 Like

Nerf
Giant skeleton - increase weight
Reason Giant skeleton carry a heavy bomb, they should not be pushed to the tower by the ghost skeleton of skeleton king.

Nerf mirror
Spell fron +2 level to + 1 level
E barrel should be able to kill gob barrel. Also to reduce mirror cell cycle.

Buff
Earthquake + 10% damage to crown tower
The original -23% was due to the mirror meta, if spell are only +1 then eq should be able to do more damge to destory elixir collector

1 Like

I agree with all of the balance changes although, there are still many cards they have forgotten such as Goblin Gang or Skeleton Giant. I would have wanted more of an HP buff to the Prince such as half of its previous nerf. Now I don’t agree at all to the Fireball nerf (another nerf to Xbow :face_exhaling:). A better change would be a buff to the poison slow effect so it can counter a lone balloon such as the fireball right now or even kill the Witch or Night Witch. Poison is only used in Spalshyard and even Golem and Pekka has abandoned it. Also a Fireball nerf equal to a more pervasive Fireball bait meta. So please Supercell do not nerf the Fireball.

I hope the devs read this and take this advice.

Healthy balance changes overall, but don’t nerf fireball. You should give a slight buff to poison instead.

Fire spirit should be nerfed on his crown tower damage, just like Egiant. A non-defended furnace takes away 60% hp of a tower, this is not normal. His overall damage is fine.

–>Fire spirit crown tower damage - 50%

Egiant nerf is the way to go, but it’s not enough. It should be - 50% again on crown towers.

The problem with this card is the fact that it deals damage when it gets hit, making it super effective against high hit speed cards & towers. I know some will say that it’s the point of the card, but it’s kind of dumb considering some cards can share the same function while having different hit speed. A rework test could be interesting for his reflection damage.

Here’s the idea : instead of zapping everytime it gets hit, his zapping effect would activate every 2.5 seconds (roughly) to anyone that gets into his radius.

I PROPOSE A NIGHT WITCH REWORK , as the card has been controversial for years before becoming completely useless after countless nerfs.

HP + 15%
–> survives fireball+log, still dies to lightning. Becomes more resistant against troops like lumberjack, dark prince, musketeer etc.

Hit speed : previous buff reversed–> 1.3s to 1.5 s. Here are the reasons :

Range : 1.6 increased to 2.5.
First hit : 2x faster.
–> allows her to get to her targets quicker therefore removing the extremely slow feeling she previously gave. It also adds a fun feature to the card as it becomes the 1st troop to attack mid range while having a melee weapon. Besides, it makes sense given the size of her staff.

BATS SPAWN.

1/ generation speed : 5s –> 9s
2/ bat count : 2–>3.
2 of them spawn relatively on the sides, and the 3rd right in front of her.
–> more effective when they spawn, less frustrating since they spawn less often. Gives more time to counter them.
3/ death spawn count : 0–>4.
Bats spawn 4 seconds after night witch dies, making it easier to counter.

Here it is, I hope you enjoy my idea (which many cr users probably had) and good luck reading all of this :muscle::laughing:

I agree with most changes other than fb and fire spirit. Fb pushback nerf is too much, and fire spirit is the wrong nerf(should’ve been a crown tower dmg nerf) since it isnt that strong on defense but very powerful for chip.

Also champion 3 card cycle+interaction with mirror should not be a thing. I think you should be able to cycle back to another champion while the original champion is still alive. Placing down a new champion will just kill the original one(assuming it’s still alive), and mirror kills the original one too and spawns a +2 lv champion instead.

Buff charge battle ram, ram rider and dark prince to 3 tile like prince it not popular card
Rework miror : miror level same with card (14), remove +1 elixir when play but give 1 elixir for openent ( miror very overpower when play with elixir golem and this paych elixir golem get buff hp)

Hello i would love to see Barbarian Hut getting buffed. Please, it had 0.0% usage rate for like a year. I dont know why the card gets ignored so much, literally barely anyone uses it.

My ideas:

Buff

Barbarian Hut - Elixir cost 7>6 ; Barbarians spawn apart from each other a little bit
Wizard - First Hit Speed -0.2 sec
Goblin Gang - 3rd Spear Goblin is added back
Ram Rider - Charges faster
Electro Dragon - Hit Speed -0.3 sec ; Health +4%

Nerf

Electro Giant - Reflection Crown Tower Damage 50%
Mirror - +1 elixir on the mirrored card (so +2 overall)
Golden Knight - Dash Range -0.5 ; Health -4%

Rework

The Elixir Golem one that is WIP rn
Bomb Tower - +25% Range ; +8% Hit Speed ; -17% Damage ; -12% Hp
Battle Healer - +2.5 Range added ; Can attack air units ; +10% Damage ; +7% hp ; +1 elixir