Work-in-progress Balance Changes - Clash Royale August 2022 (Season 38)

We need more buffs too.

Rework battle healer so she works in more decks and doesn’t have to compete with other 4 elixir cards!

Buff ram rider!
Buff night witch to hit air! I think it’s such a creative buff everyone wants.
Rework wizard into a 4 elixir Card!
Buff goblin gang by adding a spear goblin!

And rework executioner so his swing does damage faster. Removing his stun showed how slow his attack damage actually is, so he just needs to throw faster.

2 Likes

I really do think that there needs to be a nerf to the champ 3-card cycle. The 4-card cycle has always been a part of this game and has allowed players do develop new skills like counting their oponnents cycle and keeping track of it. The fact that there is never allowed to be more than one champ on the field in a game causes to have the player who has the champ on the field to have what is called a 3-card cycle. This mechanic is completely broken and can be abused in many circumstances (especially in combination with the mirror) this also gives the oponnent a very huge unfair disadvantage. (if they don’t run a champ as well.) However there is a solution for this, once a champ is played the card icon of the champ will stil stay in the player’s hand, then the ability button can be used by tapping on the card (similar to heroes in Clash of Clans). This will fix two major problems in the game, namely the broken 3-card cycle and the inconvenience of the champ’s ability button in the bottom corner allowing to have players accidentally tap on the button when they want to place something behind it or near it. Obviously this will take time to implement and will require feedback and communication with the community, but that’s what ultimately makes a game thrive :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really would like them to improve ram rider, because this meta has fallen short. an increase in slowdown, the damage caused by the rider or even an increase in speed and acceleration

I am happy with the balance change, but I would like to offer some adjustments of my own, for example, the ram raider buff has become valid, return it as it was, the golden knight is really strong, but 10% hp will not solve the whole problem, his ulta recharges quickly, you need to increase the recharge time by at least 2 seconds, the electric giant also raises questions, well done that you decided to make him nervousbut why -33% damage? you can reduce it for example -20% damage and 5-10% hp it really annoys me that for 7 elixirs this card is harder to kill than a golem, although a golem costs 8 elixirs! the cannon also needs a nerf, it takes a lot of cards for 3 elixirs, especially in conjunction with skeletons, and it turns out that if you put an electric giant to attack from the bridge, you will have 3 elixirs to put the cannon and still accumulate on skeletons, I suggest reducing the damage to the cannon and skeleton, I hope my suggestions will be considered at least one point :slight_smile:

ASAP_Clash here,

I wish I could test the egolom rework to see if the hp buff really balances out what seems to be a death nerf to egolem.

Will fireball no longer stop a solo balloon hit? Are we sure we want balloon to be anymore powerful than it already is?

On the topic of spells, Royale delivery still needs a deploy time buff so that its no longer left to the whims of latency vs fast moving cards.

Golden knight hp nerf is good. I’ve always said his normal stats were uncanny combined with the potential of his ability. It’s good balance to keep their abilities strong and their normal stats average.

Skeleton king looks like it’s getting the graveyard treatment, as it should. I know I just said their abilities should be powerful but good lord that Skelton horde.

I’ve been advocating for wizard to get a range buff for weeks now, and we’re giving it to executioner instead. I know wizard is THE most used card in lower ladder, but that doesn’t change his actual viability in competitive play. In this case, if exe is going to have the superior range then wizard needs the superior hit speed. So now I’m advocating that wizard also has his first attack speed increased.

The egiant, imo, is balanced when faced against a good deck and a good player. However, his punish game is overwhelming which makes a lot of players spiteful when they lack the resources to stop him. The tower damage nerf is what people have been screaming about since release. Considering that, he might need some of his other stat changes reverted, but maybe not.

I really don’t want prince log bait to come back, especially with how strong dart goblin is. Can we please wait on this one a bit longer? People are becoming more confident with giant double prince as the season drags on and I guarantee his use rates with climb back up as people continue to realize that deck is still OP.

Yeah, mega knight needs something for top ladder use. His nerf got low ladder players to stop crying about him, but killed him in top ladder. I don’t play him but he does need something right now.

The ice golem buff is going to be annoying, but 2.6 needs a little something I guess.

Fire spirit nerf is a given.

Thoughts: Egiant is finally getting the correct nerf along with golden knight and nobody will use that deck which will allow no-building decks to exist again. Egolom hasn’t seen the light of day and probably will continue that with the rework. If the prince buff goes through we will most certainly see a prince bait resurgence given that egiant use rates will plummet and that’s going to be super oppressive with dart goblin’s strength. I do like the idea of mk+prince+wb but I don’t think that deck is viable without Royale delivery being reliable. I do think that giant skelly will be the preferred chonky tank over mk even with his buff and ultimately, the meta will remain unchanged with drill, RG, and hound being the top three best archetypes. Mighty bait might still see some play but the fire spirit nerf and egiant nerf will most likely have it replaced by prince bait, and giant double prince will continue to be the safest ladder deck.

Summary: egiant is going to be fully replaced by giant double prince. Mighty bait is going to be replaced prince bait. Everything else is going to remain the same.

I’m personally happy with these changes, the thing I disagree with the most is the FB pushback nerf, mb a smaller one.

Also, I would really like a change for the wizard, either some hp nuff or rework him to 4 elixir and make him have a dmg similar to the musk, maybe and just MAYBE, a hit speed nerf, make him like less of a tank killer that can dps things really fast like he musk, but dealing a good amount of splash dmg.

1 Like

Fire spirit will no longer takes out lava pups. So this would be a small buff to lava hound decks v cycle.

Fireball nerf is deserved, def best spell in the game. But maybe like 1.2/1.4, not 1 tile.

And I feel like the executioner would need a damage buff too, since it’s not as efficient as it used to be.

Also nerf giant skeleton, cannon cart, archer queen, cannon, buff ram rider, tesla.

NERF MIRROR

A maxed out mirror is absolutely dominating eveything in the meta. Without this, the game would be fair to other players who don’t have it maxed out. Egiant doesnt need a nerf, mirror does.

DONT NERF FIREBALL

Fireball has been the go to spell for everyone, not because it’s OP, but because it is balanced well and a great card. Nerfing it would be ridiculous.

3 Likes

Elixir Golem

I think this was very well needed, Elixir golem after the nerf it was given became arguably the worst win condition beside the ram rider in clash royale. I think that the health buffbis well deserved for it.

Prince

I don’t think the prince needed this buff at all. I do understand the buff for a faster charge but I think with this charge speed buff there needs to be a damage nerf, Both for the charge attack and the uncharged attack. I’d say about -2-3%.

Mega Knight

This was very needed, Especially after its nerf, The Mega knight became a less used card.

Executioner

I don’t think this radius buff was needed. The executioner already has a good tile radius. I think the executioner needs a attack speed buff. This will make it more balanced

Ice Golem

This buff is was needed, It is not in many meta decks at all.

Golden Knight

It’s not the golden knight health thats the problem, It’s the ability and it’s radius. I think the ability needs if anything a rework for it ability is by far the best ability in the game.

Skeleton King

I think we all saw this nerf coming, This will make the skeleton kings ability shorter which will make small spell more affecting on the skeleton kings ability

Electro Giant

We all knew that a Electro Giant nerf was going to happen. I think the damage nerf was quite harsh but I think they needed to give it a slight health and damage reduction. But I don’t think the problem is the E-giant but the level 16 mirrored E-giant that does 300 damage every zap. I do think this nerf will make the E-giant less effective but I still think mirror needs a nerf

Fireball

This nerf came suprising because fireball has never had any type of nerf rather than the universal crown tower nerf. I don’t think this was necessary for I thought this card was already really balanced

Fire spirit

When I saw the first blueprints of the balance changes clash royale was making the fire spirit was going to recieve a small damge nerf which was only 6% but a damage radius buff from 2.0-2.3 tiles and a range buff from 2-2.5 which would give it the same range as every other spirit in the game. I do think a damage nerf was needed but it deserves the same range as every other spirit.

Some cards I think need a buff/nerf/rewrok

Firecracker: Attack speed buff 3sec - 2.5sec
This will give the firecracker faster time to react which will stop its “retardedness”

Ram Rider: Charge time 3 tiles - 2 tiles, Ram rider damage +2%, Snare duration 2sec - 2.5 sec
Ram rider is considered one of the worst win conditions in the game being right infront of the e-golem. This card really needs a balance change

Barbarian Hut: Troop deploy time 11 sec - 9 sec, Lifetime 40 sec - 45 sec. There is 1 person I’ve seen use barbarian hut in the tip 200 global and thats Anaban.

Hog Rider: Hitpoints -4%, Hitspeed 1.6 sec - 1.7 sec.
Everyone can agree that hog rider is the most annoying card in the game where it can get a hit almost ever time, Especially if you don’t have a building card in your deck.

Giant skeleton: Hitpoints -4%, Death damage -4%. After it’s massive buff the giant skeleton got last season it has been a meta dominating card where not only is it a good tank card but able to stop massive pushes with it’s death bomb. This card is definitely in need or a nerf

This is what I think needs to happen in order for clash royale to be a more balanced gamr

No way does anyone wanna go back to than executioner, It was way to powerful

No wizard buff needed at all. Giant needs a hitpoints nerf, Royal giant needs a hitpoints nerf. Goblin drill has many counters, Fire spirit is now going to be the worst spirit in the game. Fireball is rhe most balanced card in the game beside baby dragon.

Tesla desperately needs a buff it is unusable, it dies too fast and when a tank has something behind it, the Tesla can’t do anything. Also I fell like this is only me but balloon is overpowered, the amount of health it has for 5 elixir is absurd and the punishment you receive when it reaches your tower is absurd

Giant skelly is the card I think that most needs a nerf, it has been run in so many types of decks and has to be the most common card I play against

Are you considering anything about electro giant’s sight range because for a 7 elixir card to be pulled to the other side of the arena by a cannon is dumb. E giant is is only strong because people don’t like running building cards in there deck and there are many troop cards that counter him to. Hog rider for a 4 elixir fast moving troop can’t get pulled like a e giant can is weird because you have time to defend against e giant but not against hog rider. Other than that I’m fine with the e giant nerf, but mirror is the root of most of the problems right now with cards.

I like the Egiant nerf but think the real problem is the insane amount of zap damage he does to attacking units my tank killers are skarmy minions and valk all who get shredded by him. Wizard needs a slight health buff to the health witch is at there is no reason to use him with how strong witch is. MY BIGGEST suggestion is a new building added to the game a champion or legendary something that makes countering Egiant mirror not so painful

I agree with everything especially the firecracker buff she is to stupid so easy to get king tower against

Elixir Golem

Besides 0-0-4 to 1-1-2 change, the HP buff deserves more, like all 3 stages about 10% buff. Now it’s almost the worst win condition, so more HP buff needed.

Prince

Prince is not weak now in some aspects, and if your deck is lack of disractions, he can make great damage, like classic golem decks, but when face cycle decks, such us X-Bow or bait decks, he loses his way. Only buff his charge may make it more extreme – if your deck is hard to deal with him, then harder; but if you can deal with him well now, then it does so after changes. HP buff or Hitspeed buff may be better. Finally after all, all charge enemies start at 3.5 is a standard, why change this? The easier the better.

Mega Knight

Interesting but great!

Executioner

7.5 may be too much. Now together with tornado he counters beatdown decks greatly, but can’t show his use against cycle decks for his high elixir cost. Damage nerf and Hitspeed buff together may be better.

Ice Golem

Needed. But is there a bug? When enemy troops get slowdown, why they don’t get hurt?

Golden Knight

His ability needs a nerf too, like 6 - 5.5. Maybe too much HP nerf for him.

Fire spirit

Great. Furthermore, furnace HP buff and spawn speed nerf may be better.

Fireball

Too much nerf! 1.8 - 1.5 is enough, for snowball is 1.5 now as well.

Electro Giant

He loses his way in buildings. But without buildings, almost every deploy at proper time makes great amount of damage. Reflection damage to tower needs more nerf, like down to 50% rather than 67%(1-0.33), but damage and hitspeed need a buff, especially hitspeed.

Skeleton King

The minimum count needs a nerf too. Require more troop destroyed to spawn.

-----------

Some cards need changes, like cannon(nerf or rework), battle healer(rework, damage and HP buff with hitspeed nerf), clone(buff, radius from 3 to 3.5), giant skeleton(nerf, damage nerf).

I don’t know if it’s just me but the e-golem rework seems like a sizeable nerf, I don’t see how the small hp buff would come close to offsetting getting 2 elixir before a single small blob is killed, getting 2 elixir that much earlier than with the current version is a huge nerf

Solid rework idea but the hp increase percentages may have to be tuned up to correctly offset the nerf, so the card doesn’t become even more dead than it already is now (e-golems currently the least used win condition in ladder, CC’s and GC’s. with a bottom-4 win rate in all three categories as well out of 20 win conditions)

Elexir Golem
Brilliant idea, but maybe the hp buff is a little too much for the stage 1 blob.

Prince
Prince is not weak, the problem is guards and tombstone.

MK
Totally agree(except for low ladder, MK witch/wizard)

Executioner
Fair enough, this card has a low use rate. This buff will make it easier to activate king tower so not that much of a buff

Ice golem
Why not? Only 3M and 2.6 use it

Golden knight
I think this nerf should be enough, but the mechanics should be improved, the Gk should not be able to dash once it hits king tower

Skelly king
Not bad, we’ll see if it’s too strong we can still take 1 off next time

Egiant
The main problem is mirror and the three card cycle, not that much Egiant

Fireball
This NERF IS WAY TOO HARD!!!. That’s almost -50%, I think -20% is okay(1.4 tile)

Fire spirit
The dmg to troops is totally fine, I think the damage to towers should be nerf to 169 instead of 274(the dmg of a lvl max FB)

Summary
Nerf guard/tombstone/hog rider
Delete the 3 card cycle
Maybe make mirror a champion

Finally, NERF RECRUITS, it’s way too brainless😂