Work-in-progress Balance Changes - Clash Royale April 2023 (Season 46)

Am I gone crazy or really see this… THEY NERF THE MINER!After couple of years being untouched, being really versatile and high skill cap card that is loved by ones and hate by others, they NERFED him like we wanted a whole year back when “NeRf MiNer” memes start getting popular. Personally i think this nerf will not make that much of change to the card but just lower his versatilisness little bit.

1 Like

yk its the first hit right?

Please do something about the mighty miner, it’s way too strong. It’s almost driven me to uninstall the game at the point.

Agree:

• Rascals Rework- They’re so underrated and hopefully this buff/rework will bring them into the meta.

Semi-Agree:

• Mega Minion Buff- I agree that mega minion desperately needs a buff, but I think he’s being buffed in the wrong area. Something like a speed or attack distance buff maybe?
  • Archers Nerf- Archers were extremely overused this season, to the point of a slight nerf being needed, but I believe the meta has adapted some, so this nerf might be too heavy. I also think that the real issue with archers was their DPS, and this doesn’t directly address it. I’ll wait and watch though.
  • Spear Goblins Buff- Spear Gobs as an individual card definitely needed some love. However, using the buffs on all cards they’re involved in could make goblin gang OP. Definitely watch that one.
  • Furnace Rework- I hate facing furnace but I agree with the idea that it needs a change. From what it sounds like, this will be a nice change that will keep its pressure but won’t require as many responses after a single response dies.

Semi-Disagree:

• Golden Knight Nerf- GK wasn’t that hard to deal with, just slightly annoying when he got a lucky dash. If you watch JuicyJ’s videos, he’s complaining every video about GK missing dashes to tower. If you play smart, he’s not terribly difficult to counter and that five elixir (counting ability cost) investment can be negated with a small tank/swarm. After his dash he’s slow and not especially tanky. I’ll watch to see if this changes any interactions too much and revise my opinion.
  • Miner Nerf- What the heck? Miner is a super soft, easily countered doughboy. Sure he’s over-prevalent in the meta, but it’s because of the cards he’s paired with. They’re the issue here because no one wins solely off miner chip. It’s all the wall breakers, bats, archers, and whatever else he’s paired with. I can see how a health nerf would make this problem a bit easier to deal with, but it’ll also make him fall out of the other, heavier deck types he was just barely getting into. He’ll be stuck in this cheap miner cycle deck type and that’s kinda boring. Idk I wanna see how it plays out.

Disagree:

• Phoenix Nerf- Ight, how many times are we gonna Nerf this guy :roll_eyes: How in the world is death damage the issue here? It’s already infinitesimally small and no one uses phoenix just for the death damage. If you want to make Mega Minion competitive, buff him. Don’t take it out on the already-nerfed card he’s competing with.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated as I’m not an ultra competitive top ladder player, but I always hit Grand Champion and I speak from my experience there.

100% agree with the miner paragraphs