Player name read written left to right in CR and right to left in Royale API

Checking my latest battles on RoyaleAPI, I’ve noticed the name of one of my opponents isn’t written in the same “left to right” order as it was in the app. Specifically, his name on Royale API is written “وُســامّ࿐❥]”, but is written “[❥࿐وُســامّ” in the app (that’s the closest I could get it).

Here is a screenshot from the game :

And here’s his account as shown on RoyaleAPI.

I know it’s a rare edge case, caused solely by CR players’ need to feel ✶ :ribbon: 𝓈𝓅𝑒𝒸𝒾𝒶𝓁 :ribbon: ✶ and isn’t prevalent enough to warrant a “bug”-fix, but I figured I’d share anyway.

Not gonna “fix” this. This is likely caused by some characters in his name that forces this behavior — meaning highly likely that we are displaying things correctly as the character spec, while the game (which uses its own implementation of text engine which likely doesn’t support these advanced unicode interpretation) does not.

1 Like

This is the name from Supercell servers btw:

وُســامّ࿐❥]

Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 7.20.47 AM

Meaning that we are displaying it exactly as the name is in. The game also uses this same exact API — and if they display it differently then it is not us who is displaying incorrectly.

Didn’t know the game uses its own text engine but it does makes sense, especially considering how many bugs it has had over the years.

Thanks for the confirmation, and for the great work.