Enemy Monsters

Small, Medium, Big and Bosses, everything related to monsters.

Is there any data on the chances for monsters to drop chest keys?

I know Tree Giants always drops a chest key, but certain boss monsters feel like they drop keys more often than others. For example, Giant Dragons are much harder to bust than say, an Ice Golem, and Giant Dragons feel like they drop keys more often as a result. Not exactly something easy to confirm in battle and itโ€™s pretty easy to get recency bias from some lucky moments.

Hi, there is data about every troop, but it is fairly hard to digest and present in a simple way. Would players care about the average loot? all the options available? not sure :thinking:

There are some categories of monsters that have the same loot set, and others like the Tree Giants have specific ones; they do guarantee a Key and a Hammer, for example.

Big Dragon is in the Superboss loot category, so he gives the same loot as Kaiju and Rainmaker.

Ice Golem is in the Boss category, with the Mega Knight, Mech Robot and a few others.

I personally love huge info dumps about everything, but if you were to focus on a single aspect it would probably be drops.

Most important info would probably be drop chances for certain loot and the amount the enemy gives so players can make better decisions on what to target. I didnโ€™t even know about the Superboss category before you mentioned it, so having grouping for enemy types would be helpful and easier to present. Donโ€™t forget to include special event mobs like Pinatas and Gift Critters, which notably can drop bombs as well. I also know that the amount of loot an enemy drops increases the lower the game timer is, which might make presenting this info a bit more difficult.

Kind of unrelated, but also worth noting that the loot tables for terrain elements like quicksand, snowmen, beach dirt piles, and possibly others have the chance to drop keys, so players might want to know the probabilities there too.

Noted, thanks for the suggestions. Iโ€™ll sit on it for a bit and see if I can come up with something that is maintainable.

A lot of these values seem to change with updates, so I have to be cautious with the amount of assets that are generated, because that also involves keeping them updated in the future :sweat_smile: